Dr Pedzisai Kowe
Department: Geography and Environmental StudiesShare Profile Search on Google Scholar
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Environmental Science (Remote Sensing), University of Kwazulu Natal, South Africa
- Master of Science in Geo-information Science and Earth Observation (Urban Planning and Management), University of Twente, The Netherlands
- Masters in Environmental Policy and Planning, University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
- Bachelor of Honours in Geography, University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
- Certificate in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
- 3rd Institute of Space Sciences (IEEC-CSIC)and 1st IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS) Instrumentation and Future Technologies Remote Sensing (IFT-R3S) Certificate, 1-5 July 2019 , Universitá Politecnica de Catalunya and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), Barcelona, Spain
- Certificate in Remote Sensing Applications in South Africa with Focus on Land Degradation, July, 2022, (University of Jena, Germany)
- Urban development, planning and management
- Spatial interaction modelling, gravity models, transport geography and network analysis
- Geographic information science;
- remote sensing of urban green spaces;
- spatial statistics, landscape ecology and vegetation fragmentation mapping and analysing in urban landscapes;
- Urban climate, urban heat island mitigation;
- modelling urban growth, land cover and land use change using earth observation data and geographical information systems;
- Spatial regression modelling, morphological spatial pattern analysis
- Kowe Pedzisai, Pedzisai Ezra, Gumindoga Webster, Rwasoka Tendayi Donald,(2014), An analysis of changes in the urban landscape composition and configuration in the Sancaktepe District of Istanbul Metropolitan City, Turkey using landscape metrics and satellite data, Geocarto International, DOI: 10.1080/10106049.2014.905638
- Ezra Pedzisai1*, Pedzisai Kowe2, Caxton H. Matarira1, Anyway Katanha3 and Ronald Rutsvara1 (2014), Enhancing Food Security and Economic Welfare Through Urban Agriculture in Zimbabwe, Journal of Food security, 2 (2014), 79-86.
- Pedzisai Kowe, Onisimo Mutanga, John Odindi and Timothy Dube, 2019, Exploring the spatial patterns of vegetation fragmentation using local spatial autocorrelation indices, Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, DOI: 10.1117/1.JRS.13.024523.
- Pedzisai Kowe, Onisimo Mutanga, John Odindi and Timothy Dube,2019, A quantitative framework for analysing long term spatial clustering and vegetation fragmentation in an urban landscape using multi-temporal Landsat data, International Journal of Applied Earth Observations and Geoinformation, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jag.2020.102057.
Kowe, P., Mutanga, O., Odindi, J. and Dube, T., 2021. Effect of landscape pattern and spatial configuration of vegetation patches on urban warming and cooling in Harare metropolitan city, Zimbabwe. GIScience & Remote Sensing, 58(2), pp.261-280.
- Kowe, P., Mutanga, O. and Dube, T., 2021. Advancements in the remote sensing of landscape pattern of urban green spaces and vegetation fragmentation. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 42(10), pp.3797-3832.
- Pedzisai Kowe, Onisimo Mutanga, John Odindi & Timothy Dube (2022), Impacts of eco-environmental quality, spatial configuration, and landscape connectivity of urban vegetation patterns on seasonal land surface temperature in Harare metropolitan city, Zimbabwe, African Geographical Review, DOI: 10.1080/19376812.2022.2117215.
- Pedzisai Kowe, Timothy Dube, Terence Darlington Mushore, Amos Ncube, Tatenda Nyenda, Godfrey Mutowo,Tsikai Solomon Chinembiri, Mamadou Traore and Gokhan Kizilirmak, 2022, Impacts of the spatial configuration patterns of built-up and urban vegetation on land surface temperature using the spectral and local spatial autocorrelation indices, Remote Sensing Letters,13(12), http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/2150704X.2022.2142073
- Tatenda Musungwa and Pedzisai Kowe, 2022, Effects of occupational health and safety management systems implementation in accident prevention at a Harare beverage company, Cogent Engineering,9(1), 2124638, DOI: 10.1080/23311916.2022.2124638
- Upenyu Naume Mupfiga, Onisimo Mutanga, Timothy Dube, Pedzisai Kowe, Spatial clustering of forest fire intensity using MODIS satellite data, Atmosphere MDPI,13(12), https://DOI.org/10.3390/atmos13121972
- Webster Gumindoga,Chikumbutso Liwonde, Donald Tendayi Rwasoka, Pedzisai Kowe, Author Maviza, James Magidi, Eric Tshitende, Moises de Jesus, 2022,Urban flash floods modelling in Mzuzu City, Malawi based on Sentinel 2 and MODIS data, Scientific African, Under review
Suggest a correction
If you'd like to suggest a correction for this profile and you are the owner use the edit button button below. For corrections to another person's profile contact the Webmaster on the email email@example.com or call ext 2132Edit Profile