- Currently Studying PhD in Information Systems , University of South Africa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education , Midlands State University
- MSc Management Information Systems, Midlands State University
- BSc Information Systems, Midlands State University
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D)
- ICT Applications areas
- Mobile Technologies
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Computing Applications
- Social Media implications.
- Samuel Musungwini, A model for the adoption and effective use of mobile phones for learning in marginalised communities. Poster Presentation. The ICT4D Non-Conference, 15-17 September 2020. Available at https://ict4d2020.org/posters-musungwini/
- Samuel Musungwini. Developing a Model for the adoption and use of mobile phones by Women Smallholder Farmers in Zimbabwe REFERENCE NUMBER: SECU2020_1193 . 4th International Conference on Global Food Security 2020. 15-18 June 2020 | Le Corum, Montpellier, France
- Samuel Musungwini. Digital Literacy a must have for smallholder farmers for the 21st century agribusiness world. An empirical study in Zimbabwe. 12th ICT4D Conference, April21-23, 2020. The Sheraton Abuja Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria. Conference deffered due to COVID-19 and this paper will now be presented online as a webinar in May on a date to be advised.
Conferences Attended and Papers Presented
- Shelter Marambi, Samuel Musungwini and Tinomuda Mzikamwi, Strategy for the Adoption and Effective Utilization of Mobile Phone Technologies in Smallholder Agriculture in Zimbabwe. Conference: Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on M4D Mobile Communication Technology for Development M4D 2018, 15-16 November 2018, Kampala, Uganda At: Makerere University Kampala Uganda.
- Samuel Musungwini. Social Media Use by Agricultural Extension Officers in a Resourced Constrained Environment: ICT4D 8-10 May 2018 Mulungushi Conference Centre.
- Samuel Musungwini. Harnessing Mobile Technologies for Sustainable Development of Smallholder Agriculture in Zimbabwe: Challenges and lessons learned.ICT4D 16-19 May 2016 Safari Park Hotel Nairobi Kenya.
- MOBILE TECHNOLOGY FOR DEVELOPMENT‘ EXPERIENCES FROM ZIMBABWE VENDING MARKETS: A NATURALISTIC ENQUIRY. IJAS Int’l Academic Conference – Prague 1-4 November 2016
- A framework for creating an ICT knowledge hub in Zimbabwe: A holistic approach in fostering economic growth: Conference paper. 11th Zimbabwe International Research Symposium held at HICC in Harare.
- A Model for Harnessing the Power of Mobile Phone Technology to improve Smallholder Agriculture in Zimbabwe: Proposal. Oct 2016 M4D Conference 21-22 October 2016 Eduardo Mondlane University Maputo.
- Abigail Chivandi, Samuel Musungwini & Eugene.T. Maziriri “Cloud computing and mobile technologies as service innovation capabilities towards business growth for small tourism enterprises” 4th World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality: Innovation, Partnerships and Sharing December 8-11, 2017 UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Samuel Musungwini, 2018 Mobile Phone Use by Zimbabwean Smallholder Farmers: A Baseline Study, The African Journal of Information and Communication (AJIC), 22, 29-52. https://doi.org/10.23962/10539/26171
- Mondo, Louis. and Musungwini, Samuel., 2019. Developing a Change Management Model for Managing Information Systems Initiated Organisational Change: A Case of the Banking Sector in Zimbabwe. Journal of Systems Integration, 10(1), pp.49-61.
- Petros Gavai, Samuel Musungwini and Beauty Mugoniwa, 2018, A Model for the Adoption and Effective Utilization of ICTs in Commercial Agriculture in Zimbabwe. October 2018 Journal of Systems Integration 9(4):37-55, DOI: 10.20470/jsi.v9i4.356.
- Gilbert Mahlangu, Samuel Musungwini and Marvellas Sibanda. A framework for creating an ICT knowledge hub in Zimbabwe: A holistic approach in fostering economic growth. January 2018 Journal of Systems Integration 9(1):32-41, DOI: 10.20470/jsi.v9i1.327
- Beauty Mugoniwa, Samuel Musungwini and Samuel Simbarashe Furusa. Exploring the Pros and Cons of Social Media Use: Is It Time for Organisations to Consider Appointing Social Media Officers. September 2018 International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ISSN: 2319-7064
- Gilbert Mahlangu, Samuel Musungwini and Sindiso M Nleya, An Algorithm for using Internet of Things (IoTs) to Improve Load Management in Electric Power Grid, April 2018, International Journal of Computer Applications 179(35), DOI: 10.5120/ijca2018916786
- Tinomuda Mzikamwi, Samuel Musungwini, Caroline Ruvinga, Prosper Tafadzwa Denhere & Mupfiga Paul Simbabrashe, 2017 “Performance and Management of Infrastructure Mode Based WiFi Technology in the State Universities of Zimbabwe” International Journal of Trend in Research and Development, Volume 4(1), ISSN: 2394
- Gilbert Mahlangu, Theo Tsokota, Samuel Musungwini, Paul Simbarashe Mupfiga & Amanda Mutembedza. 2016 “A Framework for Monitoring Electricity theft in Zimbabwe using Mobile Technologies”. Journal of Systems Integration 7(3):54-65
- Musungwini, Samuel, Beauty Mugoniwa, Samuel Simbarashe Furusa, and Taurai George Rebanowako. “An analysis of the use of cloud computing among university lecturers: a case study in Zimbabwe.” International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology 12, no. 1 (2016): 53.
- Musungwini, S., Mahlangu, G., Mugoniwa, B., & Furusa, S. S. (2016). Framework for Threat Modelling for a Power Utility: Case of Zimbabwe Power Utility Company. International Journal of Computer Science and Business Informatics, 16(1).
- Musungwini, S., Sibanda, M., (2015) Investigating The Use Of Mobile Computing In Zimbabwe Polytechnics: Case Of A Polytechnic In Zimbabwe International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research. International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research. 2015;4(7):121-125
- Musungwini, S., Zhou, T.G., Zhou, M., Ruvinga, C. & Gumbo, R. (2014). Harnessing Mobile Technology to enhance the sustainable livelihood of rural women in Zimbabwe: Case of Mobile Money Transfer (MMT) International Journal of Computer Science and Business Informatics, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 46-57
- Musungwini, S. & Zhou T.G. (2014). An investigation of the Role of Product, Place, Promotion and Price (4Ps) in Market Basket Analysis: A Case Study of Retail Shops in Gweru Zimbabwe International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 3, Issue 2, pp:132-135.
- Musungwini, S., Zhou, T.G., Zhou, M. & Ruvinga, C. (2014). Harnessing Social Media for Business Success. Case Study of Zimbabwe.International Journal of Computer Science and Business Informatics, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 80-89.
- Musungwini, S., Zhou, T.G., Rebanowako, T.G., Gumbo, R. & Mzikamwi, T. (2014) The Relationship between 4Ps and Market Basket Analysis : A Case Study of Grocery Retail Shops in Gweru Zimbabwe. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research.
- Gocha, M., Musungwini, S. & Chitanana, L. (2014) The Use Of Information Communication Technology By A-Level Teachers In Selected Secondary Schools In Gweru, Zimbabwe. Researchjournali’s Journal of Technology Management. Vol. 1 No. 1 September 2014 pp 1-21
- Zhou, T.G., Ruvinga, C., Zhou, M. & Musungwini, S.(2014). Information Communications Technologies and Academic Libraries in the Knowledge Economy. Journal of International Academic Research For Multidisciplinary (JIARM), Volume2, Issue 2, pp611-623.
- Ruvinga, C., Ruvinga, L., Zhou, M., Musungwini, S. & Zhou, T.G. (2014). Laying The Foundation for Software Development Industry in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Technology (IJARCST), Volume 2, Issue 1, Version 2, pp184-186.
- Zhou, M., Ruvinga, C., Musungwini, S. & Zhou, T.G. (2014). A Model for Implementation of IT Service Management in Zimbabwean State Universities. International Journal of Computer Science and Business Informatics, Vol.14, No.1, pp58-65.
- Chivandi, A1 , .,Mutanga, K.P , Musungwini ,S. (2014). The effects of the relationship between business strategies and information technology strategies: the telecommunication sector of Zimbabwe. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 16, Issue 10.Ver. I (Oct. 2014), PP 56-71
- Gumbo, R., Musungwini, S., Zhou, T.G., Rebanowako, T.G. & Mzikamwi, T. (2014) An Investigation of the Availability of E-Business Tools and Use in SMEs in Gweru Zimbabwe. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology Research, Vol. 2, Issue 3, pp381-385.