- DPhil Linguistics (MSU, 2016)
- Post Grad. Dip. Tertiary Education (MSU, 2013)
- MA . Applied Linguistics (MSU, 2010)
- BA (Hon.) English & Communication Studies (MSU, 2005)
Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Cultural Studies, Communication, Visual & Artefactual Communication Studies, Semiotics, Onomastics, Discourse & Critical Discourse Analysis, Music, Ethnicity and Pan Africanism Studies.
- Communicating sexual needs in the kitchen: A relook at traditional sadza cooking by the Shona people of Zimbabwe Repositioning the Humanities: Journal of Contemporary Research 2. No. 1, pp37-48. MSU Faculty of Arts, 2016.
- Tracing humor in Paul Matavire’s selected songs (to appear in) Muziki: Journal of Music Research in Africa 12 (1), Pretoria: UNISA Press (Taylor & Francis), 2015.
- One $ dollar saved my life: The case of kombi inscriptions on Zimbabwean roads Repositioning the Humanities: Journal of Contemporary Research 1. No. 1, pp104-116. MSU Faculty of Arts, 2014.
- The BaTonga concealment by a tale of two worlds: An artefactual-semiotic analysis of Nkomo and Livingstone’s Statues in Matebeleland Madirativhange: Journal of African Indigenous Languages and Literature Vol.1 No. 1, Africa Institute for Culture, Peace, Dialogue and Tolerance Studies38-57, 2013.
- The past in them: Celebrating BaTonga artefacts and visual cultural communication in Zimbabwe Madirativhange: Journal of African Indigenous Languages and Literature1 No. 1, Africa Institute for Culture, Peace, Dialogue and Tolerance Studies pp.38-57, 2013.
- Of London pony, fish tail and carrot! Quizzing‘beauty’ through naming of women’s selected hairstyles in Zimbabwe.Igama: African Journal Of Onomastics Studies1 No. 1, Africa Institute for Culture, Peace, Dialogue and Tolerance Studies pp.83-106, 2013
- With Douglas Munemo-Violence in the discourses of Violence –The case of Zimbabwean political crisis. In International Journal of Asian Social Sciences Vol. 2. No. 7. pp.1359-1369, 2012.
- Reflecting nonverbal cues in the context of crisis: The fist and the open palm in Zimbabwe’s political crisis. In US-China Foreign Language & Sino-US English Teaching 10. No. 10., pp1655-1668, 2012
- With Charles Pfukwa -‘Silence in Court’ Non-verbal communication in a court of law in Zimbabwe. Imbizo International Journal of African Literary and Comparative Studies Vol. 2. (1) pp136-148, 2011