- Master of Science Degree (MSc) in Sociology and Social Anthropology, University of Zimbabwe
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours Degree in Sociology, University of Zimbabwe
- Certificate: International Computers Driving Licence (2011), Speciss College, Herbert Chitepo Branch, Harare
- Certificate: Good Clinical Practice (2021), CITI Program
- Certificate: Protecting Human Research Participants (2021), CITI Program
- Certificate: Prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (2019), UNICEF
- Gender and Development
- Public Health Issues
- Vulnerable Populations including AYLHIV
- Non Communicable Diseases: Cancers
- Population Displacement
- Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH)
- Linkages between health, poverty, risk and vulnerability with a particular interest in health systems development
- Kevin Martin, Chido Dziva Chikwari, Constance R. S. Mackworth-Young, Mutsawashe Chisenga, Tsitsi Bandason, Ethel Dauya, Ioana D. Olaru, Suzanna C. Francis, Constancia Mavodza, Portia Nzombe, Rangarirayi Nyamwanza, Fadzanai Hove, Maureen Tshuma, Anna Machiha, Katharina Kranzer& Rashida A. Ferrand “It was difficult to offer same day results”: evaluation of community-based point-of-care testing for sexually transmitted infections among youth using the GeneXpert platform in Zimbabwe. BMC Health Services Research volume 22, Article number: 171. February 2022
- Mackworth-Young, Constance; Mavodza, Constancia; Nyamwanza, Rangarirayi; Tshuma Maureen, Nzombe, Portia; Chikwari, Chido; Tembo, Mandikudza; Dauya, Ethel; Apollo, Tsitsi; Ferrand, Rashida; Bernays, Sarah. Other risks don’t stop – unsafe sex and HIV: Impact of adaptations to a community-based youth HIV intervention in Zimbabwe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of the International AIDS Society, JIAS-2020-12-0862, February 2022
- Rudo M Chingono, Constance RS Mackworth-Young, David A Ross, Maureen Tshuma, Tendai Chiweshe, Chipo Nyamayaro, Cuthbert Sekanevana, Aoife Doyle, Helen A Weiss, Kid Kohl, Aveneni Mangombe, Bernard Madzima, Grace McHugh, Rashida A Ferrand. Designing routine health check-ups for adolescents in Zimbabwe. Journal of Adolescent Health, JAH 11599. 3 August 2021.
- Webster Mavhu, Nicola Willis, Juliet Mufuka, Sarah Bernays, Maureen Tshuma, Collin Mangenah, Hendramoorthy Maheswaran, Walter Mangezi, Tsitsi Apollo, Ricardo Araya, Helen A Weiss, Frances M Cowan: Effect of a differentiated service delivery model on virological failure in adolescents with HIV in Zimbabwe (Zvandiri): a cluster-randomized controlled trial: Lancet Global Health 2020.
- Bernays Sarah, Tshuma Maureen, Willis Nicola, Mvududu Kudzanayi, Chikeya Adrian, Mufuka Juliet, Cowan Frances, Mavhu Webster: Scaling up peer-led community-based differentiated support for adolescents living with HIV: keeping the needs of youth peer supporters in mind to sustain success. Journal of the International AIDS Society, Volume 23, Issue 5, 31 August 2020.
- Maureen Tshuma, Sarah Bernays, Kudzanayi Mvududu, Adrian Chikeya, Nicola Willis, Tsitsi Apollo, Juliet Mufuka, Frances Cowan, Webster Mavhu. “It’s just knowing that they understand what I’m going through”: the value of peer-led support for young people living with HIV. Paper presented at the AIDS Impact 2019, London, UK on Monday 29 July 2019.
- Maureen Tshuma, Sarah Bernays, Kudzanayi Mvududu, Adrian Chikeya, Nicola Willis, Frances Cowan, Webster Mavhu. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts: process evaluation findings of the Zvandiri cluster-randomised trial. Paper presented at the AIDS Impact 2019, London, UK on Tuesday 30 July 2019 during satellite presentation.
- Cowan Frances, Mavhu Webster, Willis Nicola, Bernays Sarah, Weiss Helen, Apollo Tsitsi, & Tshuma Maureen. (2019). Differentiated service delivery for adolescents living with HIV in Zimbabwe – the Zvandiri cluster randomized trial. Paper presented at the AIDS Impact 2019, London, UK on Tuesday 30 July 2019 during satellite presentation.
- Webster Mavhu, Nicola Willis, Juliet Mufuka, Sarah Bernays, Maureen Tshuma, Collin Mangenah, Walter Mangezi, Tsitsi Apollo, Ricardo Araya, Helen Weiss, Frances Cowan. Multicomponent differentiated service delivery model to reduce virological failure among adolescents living with HIV in Zimbabwe: the Zvandiri cluster-randomized trial. Paper presented at the AIDS Impact 2019, London, UK on Tuesday 30 July 2019 during satellite presentation.
- Bernays Sarah, Tshuma Maureen, Mvududu Kudzanayi, Chikeya Adrian, Willis Nicola, Cowan Frances, & Mavhu Willis. Scaling the mountain: what it takes to achieve an undetectable viral load for adolescents living with HIV. Qualitative findings from the Zvandiri trial. Paper presented at the AIDS Impact 2019, London, UK on Tuesday 30 July 2019 during satellite presentation.