- PhD (UCT, SA)
- Master of Science in Media and Society Studies (Midlands State University)
- Post- Graduate Diploma in Media and Society Studies (Midlands State University)
- Bachelor of Arts in English and Communication (Zimbabwe Open University)
- Diploma in Education (Gweru Teachers’ College-University of Zimbabwe)
- Radio studies, media and gender, media regulation, media and politics, media and religion, media reception studies
- Ndawana, T. 2012. Fostering Gender Equality: A Case of Radio Zimbabwe and National FM, in Khamasi, W.J, Longman, C. and van Haegendoren, M.(Eds) Gender, Sexuality and the Media :A Question of Accountability, Eldoret , Moi University.
- Ndawana, T. and Muromo, B. 2012. How Democratic are National FM’s Efforts in Promoting Ethnic Identities? In Africa Media and Democracy Journal1 (1).1-17.
- Muromo, B. and Ndawana, T. The Relationship Between the Media and the Judiciary in a Democracy: The Case of Zimbabwe, In Africa Media and Democracy Journal 1 (1).1-17.