- Post Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education, Midlands State University (2013).
- Master of Arts in Applied English Linguistics, Midlands State University (2010)
- Bachelor of Arts Honours in English and Communication, Midlands State University (2007)
- Genre studies,
- Academic writing
- social media,
- teaching English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Hlatshwayo, P. (2016) Teaching English for specific purposes in a changing Educational Context: A Case of Midlands State University’, International Journal of Linguistics, Literature and Culture, 3, (1), 42-51.
- Hlatshwayo, P. (2016) The other side of social media: an Ubuntu approach’, International Journal of language and Linguistics, 4, (4), 153-156
- Hlatshwayo, P. (2016) Generic Grouping in Newspapers: A systemic Functional Linguistics (SFL) Approach, The International journal of Humanities and social studies, 4, (10), 105-112. Gumbo, L., Gumbo, I. and Hlatshwayo, P. (2016) Once upon a time: The Folktale as a Pedagogical Tool in English as a Second Language (ESL) Teaching and Learning, Ideal Journal of Education and Policy Studies, 2,(5),154-15.