Student’s Permit Requirements
- Residence Permit application form (IF5) fully completed and attested by Commissioner of Oaths.
- Letter of acceptance from school/college/university. X3
- Proof of accommodation e.g. undertaking by institution to provide accommodation.
- Proof of payment of fees. X3
- Copy of birth certificate/passport biodada page. X3
- Chest X-ray report. X3
- 2 passport size photos.
- Non refundable fee of $100 for scholars and $200 for student’s permit.
- Police clearance. X3
Extension Of Student’s Permit
- Letter from school indication continuity of studies. X3
- Copy of previous term results.
- Non refundable fee of $100 for scholar’s permit extension and $200 for student’s permit extension.
KINDLY NOTE THAT ALL APPLICATIONS FOR PERMIT EXTENSIONS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED THREE MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EXPIRY OF THE CURRENT PERMIT.
- NB: ANY LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL ATTRACT A PENALTY OF USD100
WHAT YOU RECEIVE AT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE
- A temporary PRN if you are applying for the first time.
- Blue/Yellow receipt which should be kept safe at all times.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
1) A student should always check on the date of expiry of his / her PRN.
2) A student is also required to renew his / her permit every year and failure to do so a statutory fine of USD100 will be charged.
It is important to note that it is illegal to study at any tertiary institution without a valid study permit.