Website Midlands State University
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
POST: ASSISTANT BURSAR – RECEIVABLES
- BCom Accounting,
- Candidates pursuing final stages of CIMA/ACCA will be at an added advantage
- Knowledge of Pastel will be a distinct advantage
- Two years working experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reversing cancelled receipts and checking on daily receipts and banking
- Preparing daily cash report for the Bursar
- Checking completeness of receipts and arithmetic calculations on accounting forms
- Posting accounting forms
- Reconciling the University’s debtors accounts ( travel and subsistence, salary advances, sundry accounts, research board, staff loans, associate/affiliate colleges, hire of facilities)
- Recovering outstanding T & S advances over 30 days and processing staff clearances.
- Invoicing and following up of payments for affiliate/ associate colleges and other debtors.
- Preparing audit schedules and attending to audit queries
- Supervising receivables and cash office personnel and the debt collection process (reporting weekly)
- Acting as the custodian of University security items
- Validating and updating accounts receivables batches
- Verifying and checking of expenditure on accounting forms before posting
- Posting monthly journals and preparing month end schedules
- Reversing erroneous receipts for both canteen and fees
- Attending to staff queries
- Ensuring all other debtors have contracts and there are being adhered to.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Six copies of applications, giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and copies of certificates, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar Human Resources
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 11 January 2018. Please note that only candidates currently employed by the University will be considered.