Website Midlands State University
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED PERSONS FOR THE FOLLOWING FULL-TIME POST:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY LANGUAGE INSTITUTE
Post : Language Assistant – English language
- The Language Assistant must have at least a Master’s Degree in English.
- Candidates must have experience in teaching, editing, and research and must be able to communicate effectively.
- At least two (2) years working experience and a track record in language assisting.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Language Assistant should be able to assist in the following:
- Assisting Lecturers to deliver lectures to undergraduate language students
- Tutoring undergraduate students in the chosen language or mode
- Marking assignments
- Providing English language proof reading and editing services
- Organizing and conduct research
- Attending meetings at the Institute
- Such other duties that the Institute Director and University Management may reasonably and from time to time require.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar of Human Resource
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 26 April 2019. Note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.