POST OF PRO-VICE CHANCELLOR: STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS, CAMPUS DEVELOPMENT AND FACILITIES
The Council of the Midlands State University is inviting applications to fill the post of Pro-Vice Chancellor – Strategic Partnerships, Campus Development and Facilities. Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor, the position is strategic to the attainment of the University’s mission and goals. The University is seeking an individual of personal and professional integrity, with a distinguished record of accomplishment in higher education or related professional field. A business-related qualification would be an added advantage. The incumbent will be responsible for initiating, recommending, implementing and monitoring policies, systems and procedures dealing with University innovation, business development and any other functions delegated by the Vice Chancellor.
The Pro-Vice Chancellor will be responsible for initiating, recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, systems and procedures dealing with University strategic partnerships, Campus Development and Facilities. The appointee will be reporting to the Vice Chancellor and will be a member of the Senior Management team responsible for Strategic partnerships, campus planning and development, space and facilities management, health, safety and environmental issues of the University.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Resource mobilisation and networking skills. The candidate must display proven ability and skills to mobilise financial resources and other resources for the University, provide business development leadership in an institution the size and shape of the Midlands State University (MSU); superintends over the functions of innovation hubs which transform knowledge into wealth; co-ordinates, protects and commercialises research in collaboration with industry leading to the setting up of industrial hubs and parks;
- Quality assurance in its wider sense which incorporates governance/management, infrastructure, quality of student experience, research and community engagement, while ensuring internal compliance with national and international standards and directions;
- Internationalisation of student and staff recruitment, which is an integral part of a modern University;
- Governance and Compliance issues.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- He/she should be a visionary, dynamic and innovative leader endowed with strategic thinking skills and progressive attitudes for effective articulation of the mission and goals of the University;
- He/she should possess a deeper understanding of the University academic business and how it impacts on University commercial business;
- He/she should have extensive experience in policy making, strategic planning and quality assurance; Have a proven record of scholarship, research, publications, collaborations, networking and resource mobilisation;
- He/she should have a proven record of scholarship, research, publications, collaborations, networking and resource mobilisation;
- He/she should have excellent interpersonal skills to foster harmonious relationships with staff and stakeholders;
- He/she should have in depth knowledge of university finances, innovative administrative controls, budgeting, planning and investment analysis;
- He/she should be able to initiate, develop and maintain creative strategies in business development to address the financial challenges that confront the university in the twenty-first century;
- He/she should have the ability to create wealth and to assist in the development and implementation of the University business projects;
- He/she should have vast experience in financial management, budgeting, immediate and long term planning;
- He/she should have the ability to establish public and private partnerships to foster business relationships;
- He/she should have the ability to identify, develop and commercialise emerging technologies for sustainable development of the economy;
- He /she should be able to drive and implement Education 5.0 across campuses;
- He/she should be able to oversee all premises under the ownership of the University;
- He/she should provide leadership in campus development and strategic partnerships for the University;
- He/she should be able to drive the internationalization pillar of the University;
- He/she should have knowledge on green initiatives, sustainable development, latest architectural design, best in class building technology and construction methods;
- He/she be knowledgeable with Government’s policies, laws and regulations on campus security, health and safety protection, property development, land administration, town planning, housing and construction and building works;
Qualifications and Experience
- At least an earned doctorate (PhD/DPhil) or equivalent. A business related qualification would be an added advantage;
- A full or Associate Professorship;
- A proven track record of at least ten years’ experience in Higher Education at management level, Dean, Director level or better.
Conditions of Service
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Applicants must submit an electronic application in a single pdf file which should include copies of Birth, ID and Academic Certificates, and an updated Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and email addresses of three (3) contactable Referees addressed to:
The envelope should be clearly marked; Pro-Vice Chancellor Strategic Partnerships, Campus Development and Facilities Post and addressed to:
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
For the electronic version, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24 September 2021.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.