Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
POST: Principal Assistant Registrar – Gweru
Qualifications and Experience
- The incumbent should possess a minimum of a first degree.
- The incumbent should be the holder of a Master’s Degree
- At least 5 years working experience in related field
The job requires a person with:
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people from all backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Director in formulation, implementation and monitoring of Examination Policies
- Identifying issues that enhance Policy change
- Collecting of information for preparation of work plans and annual reports.
- Assisting in ensuring that policies, rules, regulations and Standard Operational Procedures are adhered to by the Examinations Staff and Chief Examiners
- Coordinating of administration issues in conjunction with the Director
- Monitoring compliance with University Policies relating to Examinations in the day to day activities.
- Supplying the necessary administrative guidance needed in the smooth running of examinations
- Assisting the Director in drafting the examination timetable.
- Ensuring that all new students and lecturers are inducted on Examination related issues
- Any other duties assigned by the Director Examinations
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 06 April 2020. Note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.