MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
POST: SENIOR ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN X 1 POST- GWERU CAMPUS
The Senior Assistant Librarian is responsible for supporting staff and students in a particular Faculty by providing access to relevant library resources and teaching information literacy skills. They also manage the Faculty’s library collections, oversee the Library’s services and operations, and engage in scholarly and professional activities to enhance the Library’s service.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- BSc Degree in Library and Information Science
- OR any other Degree plus a Diploma or Higher National Diploma in Library and Information Science.
- At least one (1) year post-qualification experience in a University library at the Administrative Assistant post.
- A Master of Science Degree in Library and Information Science will be an added
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide research and reference services to faculty members, students, and library users.
- Provide one-on-one research consultations to faculty members and students, and assist with developing research strategies and finding relevant resources.
- Plan and conduct information literacy instruction sessions for classes and groups of students, both in-person and online.
- Participate in collection development and management, including selecting, acquiring, and evaluating print and electronic resources.
- Create and maintain research guides, instructional materials, and other tools to
Support teaching, research, and innovation.
- Participate in library assessment and evaluation activities, including gathering and analysing data on library usage and user needs.
- Stay current with emerging trends and best practices in academic librarianship, and
make recommendations for new services and programs as needed.
- Contribute to the broader academic community through professional service and
- Demonstrate a very good understanding of Education 5.0 and broad knowledge and expertise in achieving user satisfaction.
- Supervisory skills.
- In-depth appreciation of information and digital skills literacy is a prerequisite.
- Strong interpersonal skills
*NB Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates, and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place, and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s), and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single-scan pdf format.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com