Website Midlands State University
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
FACULTY OF MINING & MINERAL PROCESSING ENGINEERING, ZVISHAVANE CAMPUS
DEPARTMENT OF METALLURGICAL AND MATERIALS ENGINEERING
Post: Technician/ Senior Technician/ Chief Technician (Full time)
- At least a National Diploma in Mineral Processing/ Extractive Metallurgy/ Metallurgical Assaying.
- Relevant industrial experience in Fire assaying and Optical Emission Spectroscopy.
- Knowledge of XRD, XRF, SEM is an added advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Preparing practicals for students
- Carrying out pre-run of experiments
- Management and maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments
- Assisting in research and consultancy.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications , certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details , names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar – Human Resource
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 14 October 2019. Note that only short- listed candidates will be communicated to.