- PhD Tourism (University of Otago, New Zealand)
- MSc Tourism and hospitality management (UZ, Zimbabwe)
- BA Hons Geography (UZ, Zimbabwe)
- Tourism and Neoliberalisation,
- Protected area Tourism,
- Virtual tourism,
- Propoor tourism,
- Green Tourism and eTourism
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. (2015). The changing nature of national parks under neoliberalisation, in Mosedale, J.T. (Ed.), Neoliberalism and the political economy of tourism: Projects, discourses and practices, Ashgate, pp. 99 -116.
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. (2005). The physical impacts of tourism in Zimbabwe: The state of the art. The Dyke: A Midlands State University Journal, 1 (1), 98 -106.
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. (2010): Winners and losers: Local perceptions of Kruger National Park’s commercialisation process. In Reis, A., Jellum, C., Lovelock, B. and Thompson, A. (Eds.), Recreation Values and Natural Areas (pp 64-69). Dunedin. New Zealand.
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. (2010). Integrating development and conservation through tourism in southern Africa: A poisoned chalice? Association for Tourism and Leisure Education and Research 6, (1), 107-124.
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. (2012). Beyond the rhetoric: Chinotimba residents’ perceptions of the legacy of the FIFA World Cup 2010. Recreation and Society in Africa, Asia and Latin America, 3 (2), 1-16.
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. and Njerekai, C. (2012). Tour guiding in Zimbabwe: Key issues and challenges. Tourism Management Perspectives, 6, 3-7.
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. (2013). Come and make a difference: Online marketing of the volunteering experience to Zimbabwe. Tourism Management Perspectives 7, 83-88.
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. (2013). CSR reporting among Zimbabwe’s hotel groups: A content analysis, The International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 25 (4), 595- 613.
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. (2013). The resurgence of resource nationalism and private protected areas: Through the lens of Save Valley Conservancy’s indigenization. Journal of Nature Conservation, 22 (1), 42-49.
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. (2014). ‘Greening’ Gweru urban tourist lodges: low levels of ecoliteracy, green awareness and actions. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, 3 (1), 1-13.
- Nyahunzvi, D.K. (2015). ‘Negotiating livelihoods among Chivi curio traders in a depressed Zimbabwe tourism trading environment. Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, DOI: 10.1080/13032917.2014.974065 pp. 1-11.
University service/community engagement activities
- Tourism and Hospitality Management Department Postgraduate Coordinator, 2010 to date.
- Faculty of Commerce Representative: Research and Postgraduate Committee, 2010 to date.
- Member of Faculty of Commerce Research Committee, 2010 to date.
- Member of the Main Organising Committee of the first MSU International Research Conference
- Chairperson of MSU Research Ethics Committee.
- Tourism and Hospitality Management Department chairperson, 2004 to 2007.
Conferences and workshops attended to date
- ATLAS Tourism for development conference, 1 – 3 July 2009, Gaborone, Botswana.
- The Centre for Recreation Research Symposium, 18 – 19 March 2010, University of Otago, New Zealand.
- New Zealand Geographical Society Conference, 5 – 8 July 2010 Rydges hotel, New Zealand.
- MSU Ist International Disciplinary Conference, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe MSU Univen Economic integration, entrepreneurship and sustainable development conference, 14 to 16 October 2015, Gweru, Zimbabwe.