DLitt et Phil, UNISA; M.A- MSU; B.A (dual) Hons UZ, PGDTE, MSU).
– Discourse Analysis, Theories of Mass Communication, Trends in Linguistics. Have numerous publications which include articles in refereed journals and chapters in books. Research interests lie in the area graffiti as an instantiation of human communication, identity issues in sports discourses and phonology.
Some of the publications
- Tagwirei C and Mangeya H (2013) ‘Juvenile’ Toilet Door Posting: An expression of gendered views on sex and sexuality. In Khamasi WJ, Longman C and van Haegendoren M (eds) Gender, Sexuality and the Media. A Question of Accountability?Eldoret: Moi University Press, pp. 27-42.
- Mangeya H (2014) Children’s Sexualities, Adult Attitudes and the Exigency for Alternative Strategies in School Based Sex Education in Zimbabwe. Advances in Language and Literary Studies, Vol 5, Issue 6, (TBC)
- Jakaza E and Mangeya H (2014) Nasal Assimilation in Shangwe Nasal-Obstruent Clusters: An Optimality theoretic approach. The Dyke, Vol 8, Issue 2, pp. 20-36.
- Mangeya H (2014) Graffiti as an Agent for Effecting Sexual Behavioural Change among Female Students in Zimbabwe’s High Schools. In Mukaro L and Mugari V (eds) Trends in Zimbabwean Linguistics: MkanganwiFestchrift. forthcoming
- Mangeya H (2015) Framing for Violence: South African Film before May 2008 and Perceptions on ‘Foreigners’, Journal of African Cinemas, Special Issue, forthcoming.