- PhD (African Languages) UNISA 2009
- MA ( African Languages) UNISA 1998
- BA (Special Honours-Shona) University of Zimbabwe 1994
- BA General University of Zimbabwe 1976
African oral literature; written literature-the novel and plays; African indigenous knowledge; African culture and heritage.
- Chigidi, W.L. Looking back in order to go forward: Proverbs on a sign post (Accepted, The Dyke Journal).
- Chigidi W.L. & Mutasa, D.E. The image of absence and the politics of naming in Shona war fiction. Literator, vol.34, no.1, 2013.
- Chigidi, Willie and Tembo C., Traditional oral literature and the socialisation of the Shona (Zimbabwe) girl child: An agenda for disempowerment, in Madirativhange: Journal of African Indigenous languages and literature vol. no 2, 2013.
- Chigidi, W.L. Shona oral art forms in the age of globalization: Reincarnation of the oral prototype. In The Dyke, vol. 6, no.1, 2012, pp.1-14.
- Chigidi, W.L. Depiction of women in Shona detective stories: Paradigms of patriarchal culture and values. Zimbabwe International Journal of Languages and Culture, vol.2, no. 2, June, 2011, pp.7-19.
- Mutasa, D.E. & Chigidi, W. L. Black writers’ Shona novels of the liberation war in Zimbabwe: an art that tells the truth of its day. In LITERATOR, vol. 31, no. 2, Aug. 2011, pp. 61-82.
- Chigidi, W.L. Shona Taboos: The language of manufacturing fears for sustainable development, in The Journal of Pan African Studies, vol. 3, no.1, September 2009, pp. 174-187.
- Chigidi, W.L. The Detective Story Pattern in the Shona Folktale, in The Dyke, no.1, vol. 1, 2004, pp90-97
- Chigidi, W.L. Writing for the Stage: A Relook at dramatic Action, Language Use and Cultural Conformity in Shona Plays. Unisa Latin American Report, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2009. pp. 25-38.
Chapters in books
- Chigidi, W.L. “Harmonized Varieties, Harmonized Community Thinking: Pushing Ndau to the Centre of Consciousness”, in Chimhundu, H., Magwa, W. and Chebane, A. (eds.) Harmonization of Shona-Nyai varieties, CASAS Book Series no. 72, Cape Town: CASAS, 2010, pp.87-103.
- Chigidi, W.L. Mabhuku Emitambo, in Magwa, W. and Makadho, A. (eds) Uvaranomwe HwavaShona: Bhuku romudzidzi rechipiri: Danho reA-Level. Harare: Mambo Press, 2009, pp. 63-89.
- Tembo, C. & Chigidi, W.L., Of Politicians and Political Parties in the Music of Hosiah Chipanga, 2000-2010, in ‘Singing Nation and Politics: Music and the decade of crisis in Zimbabwe, 2000-2010 (forthcoming), MSU Press, pp. 115-127
- Chigidi, W.L. Dzimurai Mwoto Mushango, Monograph no.81, Cape Town: CASAS, 2008, pp.16.
- Chebane, A., Chigidi, W. L. et al Unified Standard Orthography for Shona Language Varieties (monograph), Cape Town: CASAS, 2006, pp.44.
- Chebane, A., Chigidi, W. L. et al A Unified Standard Orthography for Shona Language Varieties (monograph no. 37). CASAS, Cape Town, 2008, pp.44
- Chigidi, W.L. Kodzero Dzavanhukadzi Netsika DzavaShona Dzokuroorana (monograph), Cape Town: CASAS, 2006, pp. 23.
- Chigidi, W.L. Understanding Shona liberation war fiction: Writers’ perspectives. Cape Town: CASAS. 2013. pp. 244.
- Chigidi, W.L. A Study of Shona Detective Fiction: New perspectives. Saarbrucken: Lambert Academic Publishing. 2012. pp. 81
- Chigidi, W.L. Mhenenguro YaBhindauko, Harare: College Press, 2007, pp55.
- Chigidi, W.L. Mhenenguro YaAtsunzunya Rega Atsikwe, Gweru: Mambo Press, 2000, 44pp.
- Chigidi, W.L. Ongororo Yebhuku RaVitalis Nyawaranda-Paida Mwoyo, Gweru: Mambo, Press,1991, 45pp.
- Chigidi, W.L. ‘O’ Level Shona Revision Course (2nd Edition), Harare: College press, 2002, pp 88.
- Chigidi, W.L. ‘A’ Level Shona (2nd Edition). Harare: College Press. 2011, p. 172.
- Chigidi, W.L. Shona A-Level Revision Course, Harare: College Press, 1988, pp108.
- Chigidi, W.L. Shona O-Level Revision Course, Harare: College Press, 1986, pp60.
- Chigidi, W.L. Zvinoda Kutangira Pasi. Harare: Zimbabwe Publishing House. 2011. pp.64.
- Chigidi, W.L. & Magwa, W. Atsunzunya Rega Atsikwe, Gweru : Mambo Press, 1990, pp76.
- Chigidi, W.L. Kwaingovawo Kuedza Mhanza, Harare: College Press, 1989, pp64.
- Chigidi, W.L. Mhosva Ndeyako, Harare: College Press, 1988, 69pp.
- Chigidi, W.L. Imwe Chanzi Ichabvepi? Gweru: Mambo Press, 1986, pp60.
31. Chigidi, W.L. Mufaro Mwena, Harare: College Press, 1986, 55pp.
UNIVERSITY SERVICE AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Adjudicator at various drama festivals held for schools and colleges, the latest being the National Association of Secondary Heads (NASH) Drama Festival held at Tekwane High School on 2 October 2014; a founder, and executive member, of the Midlands Drama Association for Schools and Colleges (1986-1990); was resource person at various writers’ workshops and seminars; resource person at various Shona Biras held in the Midlands Province that prepare O-Level students for Shona literature examinations; a member of panellists who drew up chapter outlines for the human rights and democracy textbooks for ZJC and O-Level history (1998-1999) and published in 2001; history O-Level marker (1984-1996); Chief Examiner, O-Level history Syllabus 2160/1(1997-1999); was at various times external examiner for United College of Education, Mkoba Teachers’ College, and Bondolfi Teachers’ College, and at Great Zimbabwe University; external examiner for PhD candidates; tutor, Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) (2000-2001); participated in the CASAS Africa-wide programme for the Harmonization of African Languages (Shona, 2006-2008); member of the Vice-Chancellor’s Organizing Committee for the Research and Intellectual Expo of the Midlands State University; board member of the Dzimbahwe Journal of Great Zimbabwe University; was a member of the Board of Management of the University of Zimbabwe’s African Languages Research Institute (ALRI) from 2000. Served as member of Teaching and Learning Methods Committee, Staff Development Committee and Safety Committee at the Midlands State University; current Chairperson of the Editorial and Publications Committee; member of the Faculty of Arts Research Committee; member of the Vice-Chancellor’s Organizing Committee for the Research and Intellectual Expo of the Midlands State University; member of the Research and Post-graduate Studies Committee; board member of the Dzimbahwe Journal of Great Zimbabwe University; was a member of the Board of Management of the University of Zimbabwe’s African Languages Research Institute (ALRI) from 2000; member of the Midlands State University Senate and Academic Board