- PhD: Molecular Biology and Biochemistry (University of Goettingen, Germany and University of British Columbia, Canada)
- MSc: Plant Agronematology (University of Ghent, Belgium)
- BSc: Horticulture (Midlands State University, Zimbabwe)
- Diploma: Agriculture (Gwebi college, Zimbabwe)
- Molecular plant-pathogen interactions,
- Biofuels, Plant bioengineering,
- Plant biochemistry,
- Plant lipids
- Yuanyuan Mei , Thorpe P, Guzha A, Haegeman A, Blok VC, Mackenzie K, Gheysen G, Jones JT and Mantelin S (2015) Only a small subset of the SPRY domain gene family in Globodera pallida is likely to encode effectors, two of which suppress host defences induced by the potato resistance gene Gpa2, Nematology 17 409-424.
- Guzha, A., McGee, R., Hartken, D., Scholz, P., Luedke, D., Bauer, K., Wenig, M., Zienkiewicz, K., Feussner, I., Vlot, A.C. and Wiermer, M., 2019. The cell-wall-localised BETA-XYLOSIDASE 4 contributes to immunity of Arabidopsis against Botrytis cinerea. bioRxiv, p.851170. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/851170. In prep for Plant Cell Journal (IF 8.631).
- Scholz, P., Dean, G., Haughn, G., Ischebeck, T and Guzha, A. A GC-MS based method of water extracted pectin monosaccharide analysis. In prep for Plant Methods Journal (IF 3.170)
- Athanas Guzha, Robert McGee, Marcel Wiermer, Denise Harkten, George Haughn, Till Ischebeck: Pathogen induced pectin remodelling contributes to plant immunity. Poster presentation IS-MPMI XVIII Congress, 14-18 July 2019, Glasgow, Scotland
- Athanas Guzha, Robert McGee, Marcel Wiermer, Denise Harkten, Sina Barghahn, George Haughn, Till Ischebeck: The role of Arabidopsis thaliana Glycosyl hydrolases in mediation of disease resistance. Poster presentation GGNB Science Day and 10th Anniversary, 16 November 2018, Alte Mensa, Goettingen, Germany
- Athanas Guzha, Robert McGee, Marcel Wiermer, George Haughn and Till Ischebeck: Understanding the role of two Arabidopsis thaliana Glycosyl hydrolases in disease resistance. Presented at International Plant Immunity Symposium ‒ 1st IRTG 2172 PRoTECT Symposium June 14th and 15th 2018, Tagungszentrum Alte Mensa, Göttingen, Germany
- Athanas Guzha, Marcel Wiermer, George Haughn and Till Ischebeck: Understanding the role of two Arabidopsis thaliana Glycosyl hydrolases in the mediation of disease resistance. Presented at 31st Molecular Biology of Plants (MBP) Conference, 20 – 23 February 2018, Dabringhausen, Germany.
- Athanas Guzha, Robert McGee, Marcel Wiermer, George Haughn and Till Ischebeck: Understanding how Pectin Modifying proteins BGAL4 and BXL4 contribute to defence against Pseudomonas syringae and Hyaloperonospora arabidopsidis in Arabidopsis. Presented at: Joint meeting of the Canadian Society of Plant Biologists and the Canadian Society of Horticultural Science: Plants from Sea to Sky, 4-7 July, 2017, British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- Guzha Athanas, Mei Y , Thorpe P, Haegeman A, Blok VC, Mackenzie K, Gheysen G, Jones JT and Mantelin S. Functional analysis of nematode (Globodera pallida) secreted proteins. Presented at Symposium on plant microbe interactions II. IRTG 2172 PRoTECT: Plant Responses To Eliminate Critical Threat, 11 March 2016, Gottingen, Germany
- Yuanyuan Mei , Thorpe P, Guzha A, Haegeman A, Blok VC, Mackenzie K, Gheysen G, Jones JT and Mantelin S (2013) Functional analysis of Globodera pallida SPRYSEC proteins. Presented at the 10th International Congress of Plant Pathology. Bio-Security, Food Safety and plant Pathology: The Role of Plant Pathology in a Globalised Economy, August 25-30th 2013 Beijing, China
- Development of chick rearing technology for the smallholder farmer.
- Development and testing of water conservation technology (Tie-ridger) at communal farms in the Zvishavane area (Sibanda farm).
- Development of a piggery wet-feeder for communal farmers.
- Training of local (Gweru District) extension agents in water conservation technology