Staff Profiles: Educational Foundations and Management
Acting Chairperson and Senior Lecturer
Research Interests: Early childhood:
- Language Arts; Mathematics and Science for young children; Inclusive and special needs; Child welfare and child care; Counseling young children.
- Continuing professional development of teachers in Inclusive and special needs education; Child welfare and care; Indigenous knowledge systems.
- Gender Issues
- HIV/AIDS Education
- Curriculum Issues in Science Education
- Education and Transformation
- Socialization in Child and Adolescent Development.
- Comparative education and educational management
- Educational leadership and administration
- Technology leadership and ICT integration into education
- Contemporary issues in education
- Educational policy and planning
Areas of Research interest: Curriculum theory, Student learning, Curriculum Development and implementation
Permanent Full Time Lecturer
- Peer Harassment in Educational Institutions,
- Indigenous Knowledge systems and Education,
- Reconfiguring the Education System In Zimbabwe and Social Problems and Solutions in Zimbabwe ,
- Child Sexual Abuse and Teacher Welfare.
- Educational Management and leadership;
- educational policy studies;
- women and education
- PHD- University of Fort Hare 2011
- MEd Educational Adminstration, Planning and Policy Studies. (ZOU) 2007
- Bed Educational Administration (UZ) 2004
- Areas of research interest: Educational management and Leadership
- Inclusive education at primary school level and in tertiary institutions
- Issues concerning early childhood development
- Children’s rights
- Critical thinking and education
- Education and critical pedagogy
- Freedom and authority in education
- Philosophy for Children
- Social Psychological Issues Affecting Learners/Teachers,
- Counselling Provisions In Schools
- Supervision Of Educational Personnel.
- Motivation Of Educational Personnel.
- Creating An Environment Conducive To The Attainment Of Educational Goals.
- School Governance.